There is lots exciting news from Metroscope this month.
Latest container from Morocco has arrived
A couple of weeks ago, our latest container arrived from Morocco. We’ve unpacked about 2/3 of it, but there are still lots more treasures to uncover. We have lots of gorgeous new goods:
- leather ottomans in lots of different colours
- mosaic tables with some new colours
- more gorgeous hand-painted teapots
- a new range of hand-painted ceramics in white & red
- lots of new lanterns – for candles and for wiring
- new designs in wall sconces
- hand-painted wood cabinets
- ceramic tiles suitable for walls and splashbacks
- beautiful glass perfume bottles
- cooking and serving tagines galore
- heaps of vintage siniyas (aluminium trays)
- even more handwoven kilim cushions
And new to Metroscope (and not yet on the website) are:
- cactus silk bedspreads
- garden lights
- a small selection of vintage posters
- a very small selection of items from Mali and Burkina Faso
We are slowly getting things on the website, so please have a look and keep checking back as we will be adding new items daily.
New website with online sales
It’s been three years in the making, but the technical difficulties have been conquered. Everything on the website, except for mosaic tables, can now be purchased online.
The website has some new features as well – larger photos and a magnifier. It will take a little time before all the photos are swapped over for new images, but we have done quite a few and it’s fabulous – particularly for those buying online.
A huge thank-you to Kerryanne from Central Victorian Web Design for her patience, good humour and great work. If you are looking for a web designer we can strongly recommend Kerryanne.
New trading hours
It’s spring at last and more people are out and about, so we have extended our trading hours. We are now open:
- Saturdays from 10 to 5
- Sundays from 11 to 5
- Other times by appointment
We look forward to seeing you in-store or online soon. For updates you can always check our Facebook page. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries, feedback or suggestions.